|Info tabling for Fair Trade Month|
A few Fair Trade facts:
- Economics -- Fair Trade certified businesses work cooperatively together in order to cut out the middleman and receive a living wage for their products. This ensures a sustainable business model.
- Envionment -- The Fair Trade certification requires agricultural items to be grown according to specific environmental standards that prevent deforestation and erosion, and use of toxins that can harm the water supply, among other criteria. This ensures a sustainable growing environment.
|Fair Trade label|
These are the Fair Trade certified products that Crossroads carries on any given day:
- Green & Black's organic chocolate bars (Almond, Dark, White, Maya Gold, Hazelnut & Currant)
- Ben & Jerry's ice cream (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Half-Baked)
- Choice organic tea (Chamomile, Classic Black, and Classic Green)
- Honest Tea (Black Forest Berry, Green Dragon Tea, Just Green Tea, Peach Oo-La-Long, Pearfect White Tea, Pomegranate Red Tea with Goji Berry)
|Handing out samples|
|Sydney and Sedia spread the word about Fair Trade Month|
Fair Trade USA has also just introduced a new "Fair Trade Finder" App that allows you to easily find Fair Trade items wherever you are -- and needs people like you to help populate the database. Check out the Fair Trade website for more information.
Thanks for stopping by last week, and check out the Fair Trade products throughout the rest of the month and beyond! Remember: every purchase matters.